This came through an an email thread this afternoon and I thought Id share this with the rest of you.
Under Virtual Server, there are a lot of annoying beeps that occur as some sounds appear to beep (since there is no sound support under Virtual Server). Turning it off is fairly straight-forward if this beep drives you bonkers (as it does me).
- Open up Device Manager on the host machine (the one that you are using to control the virtual server).
- From the View menu, select 'Show hidden devices'.
- Expand 'Non-Plug and Play Drivers'.
- Right-click 'Beep' and select 'Properties'.
- Select the 'Drivers' tab.
- Click 'Stop'.
You can also change the startup type to 'Disabled', so that the beep service never starts.
This is a great tip... Thanks, Jay!